How to teach a parrot to talk
Talking parrot in the house – a great joy. But how to teach a parrot to talk?
The most sociable birds are considered jaco. These small gray birds accurately copy the human voice, and by their tone you can immediately determine who the object of imitation is – a man or a woman. Amazons and Corella speak beautifully, but their speech is different from human. Good companions come from cockatoo and macaws. At one stage with them are wavy parrots, who, despite their small size, with proper training are willing to talk with the owners.
Capable individuals learn to pronounce their name without training. But for the best effect, follow the technique that tells how to teach a parrot to speak quickly and clearly.
1. Lessons should be conducted by one family member – the most patient and persistent. The same phrase from different mouths has a different sound.
2. The animal must be configured to learn. A pair of birds will never talk – they will have enough of their “bird” communication. If the bird is bored and lonely, training will be the game, the most fun part of the day.
3. Plant the bird on the arm, on the game stand, or leave it on the crossbar in the cage.
4. When you have attracted the attention of the student, repeat the necessary phrases 10-20 times. It should be used in everyday life. Choose a few phrases and speak them emotionally.
5. Praise your pet, especially if he tries. Encourage delicacy, not forgetting the verbal praise. As soon as the ward begins to get distracted, finish the lesson.
How to teach a parrot to speak for 1 day? Remember the right way: clearly and expressively, as if by chance, pronounce in the morning before feeding any word. The bird is guaranteed to remember it. Or during feeding, say “Misha wants to eat,” and the chick will associate a meal with this phrase. Being hungry, Misha will shout that he wants to eat.
The opinion on the inability of females to reproduce speech is widespread. Indeed, they are harder for males to learn, but they pronounce words more clearly. As soon as the bird begins to “mumble”, know that you are on the right track!
What you need to remember to teach a parrot to talk?
Is it possible to teach a wavy parrot to speak? Of course! It is important to remember a few rules:
1. Begin training at 2-3 months of age. Kids learn lessons better, but there are cases when ten-year-old pets started talking.
2. Exercise daily 2-3 times a day. Take 10-15 minutes for the morning lesson, in the afternoon, practice more, fix the material in the evening in memory, spending another 20 minutes. Important and systematic.
3. Remember – the birds do not understand the meaning of the words that are pronounced. In order for them to react to your actions in the desired way, you need to develop a conditioned reflex. Make it easy. For example, when coming from work, always say a sweet and distinct “Hi” to a bird. Later this word will be associated with your arrival. Turning on the light, each time speak the word “Light.” The feathered pet will associate it with the process of switching on the light, and in the evenings will require lighting, shouting out this word.
4. You can not shout and insult the bird, otherwise it will remember the curse and start repeating it.
5. Feathered birds easier to reproduce speech with a high timbre of voice, so they better remember the speech of women and children.
6. Start with the simplest: easiest for the birds are given the consonants “t”, “p”, “k” and “p”, the vowels “a” and “o”, “hissing” h “and” w “.
The lesson should be conducted by a person whom the chick trusts. Pet should be calm, eliminate all distractions: TV, radio, noise from household appliances. First make friends with the student. How to tame a parrot to hands? As soon as the pet has mastered a little in the cage, take the feeder in hand and stretch it to the bird. She can bite her hand – this is normal. So the crumb will make sure that the hand is not dangerous. The next step is hand-feeding. When the feathered is not afraid, you need to tell that this is not a source of food, but an object with which you can play and sit on it. Try to scratch the sides with your fingers and behind the head. At the final stage, when a new friend will no longer be afraid of his hand, he can be taken out of the cage on his finger and allowed to get comfortable indoors.
How to teach a parrot to speak fast?
It’s impossible to quickly teach a feathery to speak, it takes time and patience. Many people ask how to teach a parrot to talk for 5 minutes, and due to lack of time, they turn on the tape recorder and leave. This is an unforgivable mistake. The bird will quickly cease to perceive the voice from the tape recorder. Like the voice of the owner, he will become for her a background, a third-party noise. If the feathered friend starts talking, then he will do it in silence.