Recommendations for beginner breeders
Many, acquiring a puppy, even have no idea what enormous difficulties they will have to face. At the same time, future dog owners are confident that their pet will be very intelligent and well-mannered. But this is a huge layer of work that will have to be done in any case, so that the puppy could be exactly that which is necessary.
How to raise a puppy? What recommendations can really help a novice dog breeder?
In this case, the following factors should be noted …
1. The boundaries of the dog’s behavior. You should understand in advance the scope of the puppy’s behavior at the moment and at the time when the pet becomes an adult. What do you want to see in his performance? Do you want him to be very modest and well-mannered, or run around the apartment in search of adventure with their masters ?;
2. Raise the necessary from the very first day. The whole process of learning begins exactly from the moment when the puppy crosses the front door of the house. If the owner tries to postpone, does it in vain. Why? Teaching from scratch is much easier than retraining;
3. In no case should you allow a puppy to do something that you would not want in the future when he becomes a full-fledged adult dog. For example: if there is no desire, so that in future the dog would eat throughout the whole apartment, while rolling the bone, you should initially show her your place (where she can be satisfied with all the food. Why is that? As early as 6-7 months, the owner may encounter more than just with a little puppy, and a real insolent one, who will do what he wants. This is a very important moment in the process of the whole upbringing, since so much depends on him;
4. Teach should immediately and as quickly as possible. In no case can you play with a small puppy with those things that in the future he will not be able to nibble at all. That is, you can not play your own slippers, pillow or towel. For a dog, this will be the first indicator that this is a toy.
How to be?
In this case, you should take care of the acquisition of special toys, which can reduce the ardor of a young dog;
5. Positive emotions or “praise.” What does it mean? A puppy, like a child, always wishes to be praised. If the puppy is to blame, it should be scolded. If one wishes correctly, one should praise. Special “praise” in the form of dry food can be an ideal option for motivation to perform some tasks in the future. As a praise, there can be positive emotions for a puppy (playing or encouraging in voice).
What is important here?
In this case, the number one question – to find the approach to the dog. If the approach is found on time, the owner will be able to find a common language with his pet. From the first days you should try to understand what the puppy wants more: goodies, games, or positive and affectionate words and strokes. In principle, praise is 50% of success in many industries. The bottom line is that no dog will do anything for nothing. She, like a person, should work while receiving her reward. And if the owner leads his pet to any exhibition or competition, the puppy will behave extremely positively, because he knows very well that he will get some goodies or a whole “layer” of positive emotions for good behavior;
6. Relative emotions, obedience. It is important not just to praise, but also to scold. Did the puppy do wrong? He must understand, due to the behavior of his master, that it is by no means impossible to do so.
How to be?
It must be an unpleasant action. For example: leash leash to itself. For a dog, it will be a conditioned reflex of not doing so. A very important factor of education, which in no case can not be abandoned;
7. Domination of the host. The master is the head. The puppy should understand this initially. A dog must have one owner, who in the future may try to entrust the puppy to his relative, for example, but … The dog must understand who is the boss in the house. If she has fangs, this is not a reason to try to snap at a person’s scolding. This is important because the behavior of a pet and its psychological state should be constantly monitored to avoid all sorts of problems;
8. Schooling to the toilet. This is probably the most important stage. If a puppy is taken into a house or apartment, he should be accustomed to the toilet on a schedule. This is very important, as suffering will simply be incredibly much.
The above recommendations may help the dog owner to try to deal with it. A dog is a social object. He will also have to work, work and so on. In order to avoid problems, you should stick to all of the above.